Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Sand Falls

We took a tour of Upper Antelope Canyon outside of Page, AZ with Adventurous Antelope Canyon Photo Tours.  Eileen was so great because she was willing to take a different tour than me because only serious photographers were allowed on the tour I went on, meaning those on the tour could only take semi-pro or professional cameras like DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, etc.  No iphones or Androids allowed.  Our tours were at the same time and we saw each other during them, but mine went through a bit slower than hers.

The tour itself was good because the guide on the one I went on (Rosie was her name) would block off those from other tours from entering the different "rooms" for a minute or two so we could get our shots and then chaos would ensue and we'd move on.  The thing is, I had time to get the shots like this one below, but you don't get a LOT of time.  You have to be ready and you have to be quick because they cannot hold up the other tour groups for too long.

In that regard, I got some nice shots, but most of them are crap as I really wasn't sure what to compose when we entered each room.  The guide tried to tell us, but I really didn't figure it out until it was time to move on to the next opportunity.  The best thing to do if you are interested in doing this is to go on a regular tour with your iPhone or Android prior to the serious one so you can see what you can shoot. Then go back on the photography tour and shoot with the good camera.  That way you will have a better idea of what's there and where.

I hope you enjoy the photo and thanks for dropping by. 

Sand Falls
If you would like to purchase a print or digital copy of this image or any other, please contact me or visit my on-line gallery.
 
EXIF Info:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo