Sunday, June 4, 2017

Whiskey Shivers

Eileen and I went to Taylor, TX to experience the 1st annual Texas Stomp-N-Holler music festival with our good friend Valerie.  We had a great time and we really enjoyed all three music acts.  The line-up was Rosie Flores, Whiskey Shivers and headliner The Mavericks.  I must admit I'm not much of a country music fan, but all of this music was just a little bit different than country and it was all pretty catchy.

Whisky Shivers from Austin, TX plays a type of bluegrass music with punk rock influences.  I didn't really notice the punk rock part, but the bluegrass was definitely the influence here.  They played well and their songs had a really fast beat.  I guess that's where the punk comes in.  They call their type of music "trashgrass".  Gotta love it!

The two guys seen here are fiddler Bobby Fitzgerald on the left and guitar player Jeff "Horti" Hortillosa.

I hope you enjoy the photo and thanks for dropping by.  As always, click here to see the high-res version of the final image.

If you would like to purchase a print or digital copy of this image or any other, please contact me or visit my on-line gallery.
 
Exif data:

Camera - Fujifilm X-T1
Lens - Fujinon XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS
Focal Length - 55mm
Aperture - f4
Exposure - 1/80
Metering mode - Multi-segment
Exposure program - Aperture-priority AE
ISO speed - 320
Exposure bias - -1 EV
Tripod - No
HDR - No
# of brackets - NA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo