Thursday, November 3, 2016

Cubs Win World Series!

What a game!  The Chicago Cubs won the World Series for the first time in 108 years after being down 3 games to 1!  It was a hell of a game but I gotta admit, I didn't watch the whole thing.  I wish I would have now, but when it went into extra innings - plus a rain delay - it became too excruciating plus I had to work in the morning.  If I stayed up however, the Cubs would have lost, so they can thank me.  I think I deserve a world series ring for that move! :-)

To mark the occasion, this image here is of the scoreboard at Wrigley before the game we saw versus the Cards.  It shows David Ross and his kid during the pre-game ceremony marking Ross' retirement from baseball at the end of the season.

I thought it was fitting as it says "Congratulations" because 'grats go all around..  To general manager Theo Epstein who helped break curses now at both Boston and Chicago, all the players on the Cubs team, especially David Ross who even hit a home run in game seven of the series and last but not least to the fans, including my father-in-law, Paul who's been a Cubs fan his whole life!  Paul never thought he'd see the day!  Congratulations! Go Cubs Go!!!

I you hope enjoy the photo and thanks for dropping by.  As always, click here to see the high-res version of the final image.

If you would like to purchase a print or digital copy of this image or any other, please contact me or visit my on-line gallery.
 
Exif data:

Camera - Fujifilm X-T1
Lens - Fujinon XC50-230mmF4.5-6.7 OIS
Focal Length - 107mm
Aperture - f5.6
Exposure - 1/450
Metering mode - Multi-segment
Exposure program - Aperture-priority AE
ISO speed -200
Exposure bias - -0.67 EV
Tripod - No
HDR - No
# of brackets -NA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo