Monday, October 17, 2016

Soldier Field Pano

We did do more in Chicago besides seeing a Cubs game and looking at buildings; we also went to a Bears football game!  It was fun, but the Bears got trounced 29-14, if I remember correctly.  Plus, our seats kinda sucked...  The seats were good as far as seeing the field from the end-zone, but they sucked because they were right outside the tunnel where people would go to get refreshments or take bathroom breaks.  We sat just above the steps for it so whenever anyone came and went, they would block our view as they went up and down the steps.  And when people are drinking beer, guess how often they go up and down the stairs?

Prior to the game, I took this pano as the sun was setting.  It turned out pretty nicely, I think.  As I put this pano together, I learned that Photoshop does a better job at panoramas than Lightroom does.  When I merged the photos for this shot in Lightroom, no matter what combination of photos I tried, the word "CHICAGO" in the near end-zone always seems to be missing a letter.  Plus, the the near sides of the upper decks of the stadium were misaligned as well.  Using the same images in Photoshop on the other hand, for the most part, everything turned out great!

I you hope enjoy the photo and thanks for dropping by.  As always, click here to see the high-res version of the final image.


If you would like to purchase a print or digital copy of this image or any other, please contact me or visit my on-line gallery.
 
Exif data:

Camera - Panasonic DMC-FZ300
Lens -
Focal Length -4.5mm
Aperture - f5
Exposure - 1/80
Metering mode - Spot
Exposure program - Aperture-priority AE
ISO speed - 400
Exposure bias - -0.66 EV
Tripod - No
HDR - No
# of brackets - NA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo