Friday, August 14, 2015

Masking the Denver Broncos Cheerleader

1,000,000 Hits on Flickr!

Wow, I never thought this would happen but I have finally gotten over 1 million hits on Flickr!  Yowzers!  Thanks to everyone who takes a gander at my silly little photos over there!  I really appreciate it!



Masking the Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Here's another shot commemorating the return of NFL football this season.  I took this shot at Sports Authority Field in Denver, CO when the Broncos took on the division rival Oakland Raiders back in Oct of 2012.

This shot was processed using many liberties, specifically masking and cropping.  You see, the original shot had a clear background of more of the football field, people in the stands and on the sideline as well as other cheerleaders performing in a different direction.  All of this was rather distracting.  So what I did was mask out the main cheerleader and cloned out the other cheerleaders, blurred out the background and then copied this cheerleader in overtop of the "new" background and cropped the shot.  I also added in a little tonal contrast for her hair, some dynamic skin softening, darken/lighten center and some sharpening of her uniform, all done with Nik's Color Efex 4. Oh, and I blurred the background with Nik's Analog Efex 2.  Anyway, I need to practice a little more of my masking skills, but I'm rather pleased with how this turned out.  BTW, the masking in Photoshop CC is better than ever and works pretty well!

Now on to football!!!

If you would like to purchase a print or digital copy of this image or any other, please contact me or visit my on-line gallery.
 
Exif data:

Camera - Nikon D300s
Lens - Nikkor 18.0-200.0 mm f/3.5-5.6
Focal Length - 135mm
Aperture - f9
Exposure - 1/320
Exposure program - Program AE
ISO speed - 200
Exposure bias - 0EV
Tripod - No
HDR - No
# of brackets - NA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo