Thursday, March 19, 2015

Big Fish

I've been under the weather a tad lately so I haven't been paying too much attention to the blog.  I'm beginning to feel a bit better now and I figure it's time to put a picture out there.

I'm not sure exactly why I picked this one, I just kind of liked it.  I found it while going thru Lightroom the other day and decided to tweak it a bit.  This shot is some sort of fish, maybe a grouper, but I'm not quite sure, that I took at the Alaska Sealife Center in Seward, AK.  It's a great place to visit if you ever get to Seward.  There are lots of animals to see from these fish here, to sea lions, puffins, salmon and lots of other native species from the area.

So, I added some pro contrast, darken/lighten center and bi-color filters to this shot using Nik Color Efex 4.  I also had to blur out the background a bit more using Nik Analog Efex as it was a tad noisy.  I'm not promoting those products, but I use them because they are so easy and a major part of my workflow and I sometimes like to state what I use to get the final product you see here.

Anyway, I hope you like the picture and thanks for dropping by.  Oh, and if you know what kind of fish this is, please drop a comment and let me know.  Am I right about it  being a grouper?

If you would like to purchase a print or digital copy of this image, please contact me or visit my on-line gallery.
 
Exif data:

Camera - Fujifilm X-E1
Lens - Fujinon XC50-230mmF4.5-6.7 OIS
Focal Length - 50mm
Aperture - f4.5
Exposure - 1/60
Exposure program - Program AE
ISO speed - 6400
Exposure bias - 0 EV
Tripod - No
HDR - No
# of brackets - NA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo