Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Mormon Temple

As we toured Salt Lake City, we saw Temple Square which is like the "Mecca" of the Mormon religion.  It's where the administrative offices of the Mormons are, the Tabernacle and this Temple.  It's quite a beautiful structure.  However, no one from the public is allowed to see the interior.  One must be a Mormon to go inside.  From what our tour guide said, there are several rooms inside and many of them are used for weddings.  Apparently in the summer, there are many brides and grooms in the square getting wedding photos taken and having their ceremonies that it looks like the inside of "Bride" magazine or something. Of course, I'm sure there are many other "goings-on" (for lack of a better term) inside the temple other than weddings, but that's what sticks out in my memory from the tour. Check out Wikipedia for more infoYou can also see a shot of what the interior is like on Wikipedia here, too.

There are two photos below.  It's two versions of a shot I took is from inside the square.  It's nothing special, but I wanted to post it to point out the power and fun of Snapseed. You see I edited this shot solely on my iPad using the Snapseed app.  It was developed by Nik which is my go to plugin of choice in Photoshop.  I really like it and I can get some excellent results.  The original shot was pretty flat and dull and even had some spots from a dirty lens on it.  So, I Tuned the photo and bumped up the saturation and sharpness of it and also added some Drama to it.  I liked the Drama part because it adds some texture to it to sort of make the picture look old and it helps hide some of the spots from the lens.  That's one thing about Snapseed... There's really no way to get rid of spots from a photo in the app that I know of.  All in all, I really love that app and it's fun to edit on the iPad sometimes when I don't feel like getting on the computer.  Now, if I could just figure out how to watermark on the iPad...

The first one here is the original jpg straight from the camera:

And this is the edited one from Snapseed on the iPad:
If you would like to purchase a print or digital copy of this image, please contact me or visit my on-line gallery.
 
Exif data:

Camera - Fujifilm X-T1
Lens - Fujinon XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS
Focal Length - 34.3 mm
Aperture - f11
Exposure - 1/180
Exposure program - Aperture priority AE
ISO speed - 200
Exposure bias - +0.33 EV
Tripod - No
HDR - No
# of brackets - NA

1 comment:

Disqus for Evan's Expo