Monday, February 16, 2015

Skiing in Park City

OK, that's the reason we went to Utah!  Skiing and to spa!  You see, Eileen doesn't ski so she "spas" while I ski!  It's great for both of us!  However, in the shot below, that's not me skiing.  No, I took this picture of a young lady practicing giant slalom on the last day of skiing.

A lot of times on the last day, I just take it easy and sometimes take along my "good camera" instead of a compact or an action-cam to see what kind of pics I can get.  Well, at one point while riding the chairlift, I went up with a young lady whom I didn't pay much attention to.  Some people like to talk and others don't and this time her and I minded our own business.  But at one point during the ride up, I noticed a slalom course and a giant slalom course.  I looked over at my fellow rider and she had on all of this gear that screamed racing, like a face-guard, hand-guards on her pole-grips, etc.  I turned and said to her, are you skiing that course?  And she said yes, but that it was only practice.  I thought, "Cool, I could get some photos!"  She said it was OK to shoot and so here's one of the shots.  I don't think this is the same woman I rode the chairlift with, but nevertheless, they were good and really fast!

As far as the pic goes, I'm not gonna lie...  I added a little motion blur via Nik's Analog Efex to give it a sense of speed.  I also sharpened the skier up quite a bit.  Otherwise,  not too many other tweaks!

If you would like to purchase a print or digital copy of this image, please contact me or visit my on-line gallery.
 
Exif data:

Camera - Fujifilm X-T1
Lens - Fujinon XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS
Focal Length - 55mm
Aperture - f4
Exposure - 1/1900
Exposure program - Aperture priority AE
ISO speed - 200
Exposure bias - 0 EV
Tripod - No
HDR - No
# of brackets - NA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo