Monday, January 12, 2015

Cabin Skulls

I'm really far back in the old time machine and posting a shot from July 11th, 2009, Eileen's and my 16th wedding anniversary to be exact... We took a nice little long weekend getaway for our anniversary with a trip to Prescott, AZ and stayed at this cool log cabin-style vacation rental.  Outside the door were these trophy skulls. I had just gotten my first "serious" camera - Nikon D90 - and started shooting whatever caught my eye.  I never thought much of this shot until I have gained a few more skills over the years.  So, this past weekend I stumbled upon this shot again and decide to see what I could do with it.  After some playing in Lightroom, I decided to post it because I like how it turned out. It's probably not my best shot ever, but it's much better than the original and it brings back some nice memories for me!  And we had a great anniversary there, BTW!

If you would like to purchase a print or digital copy of this image, please contact me or visit my on-line gallery.
 
Exif data:

Camera - Nikon D90
Lens - Nikkor 18.0-105.0 mm f/3.5-5.6
Focal Length -18mm
Aperture - f8
Exposure - 1/20
Exposure program - Auto
ISO speed - 800
Exposure bias - -1 EV
Tripod - No
HDR - No
# of brackets - NA

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful photo, and the skulls are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one Evan, nicely processed bud!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo