Tuesday, October 28, 2014

5 Day Black and White Challenge #5 (Flying Over Waimea Canyon)

Here's the 5th and final shot for the 5 Day Black and White Challenge..  Speaking of which, I don't know how or why this challenge started, but it's been kind of fun.  Anyway, this shot is a black and white conversion of this previous shot.  I thought it would make a cool black and white with the control panel's gauges and stuff which has nice contrast along with the sky and the canyon in the background.  I took it during our trip to Hawaii last year.  We took a helicopter tour when on the island of Kauai and below us in the shot here is Waimea Canyon, "the Grand Canyon of the Pacific" or something like that.  Which one do you like better, the color one or this black and white one?  Let me know and thanks for dropping by!  This concludes my input to the "5 Day Black and White Photo Challenge" or whatever it's called...

If you would like to purchase a print or digital copy of this image, please contact me or visit my on-line gallery.
 
Exif data:

Camera - Nikon D700
Lens - Nikkor 16.0-35.0 mm f/4.0
Focal Length - 16mm
Aperture - f16
Exposure - 1/60
Exposure program - Aperture priority AE
ISO speed - 200
Exposure bias - 0 EV
Tripod - No
HDR - No
# of brackets - NA

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, great choice for B&W Evan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike! I really like how it turned out, too!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo