Monday, July 28, 2014

Misty Mountain Road (And Breaking Landscape Photography Rules)

Towards the end of our trip, Eileen and I did some more driving throughout the Alaskan countryside near our bed and breakfast.  Speaking of our bed and breakfast, if you like staying in those and want to see Alaska, stay at the Hidden Creek Bed and Breakfast which is ran by Ron and Michelle Tenny!  They are great hosts, have a great place and serve the best breakfasts in the world!  Michelle has a culinary degree and they both really know how to cook!  They really made our trip special!

Anyway, as we drove around seeing the sights, we stopped at many of the photo turnouts along the Seward Highway to take photos.  WIth this shot, it was raining a bit, but I saw this nice view through a break in the trees where you could see the mountain, a stream and the road all at once.  So, I broke the traditional "landscape rules" that state that one should use a wide angle lens with landscape orientation.  I did a portrait orientation with my 50-230mm telephoto zoom lens so I could capture everything I mentioned and compress the shot.  Did it work?  Please leave a comment below and thanks for dropping by!

If you would like to purchase a print or digital copy of this image, please contact me or visit my on-line gallery.
 
Exif data:

Camera - Fujifilm X-T1
Lens - XC50-230mmF4.5-6.7 OIS
Focal Length - 63.2mm
Aperture - f5.6
Exposure - 1/350
Exposure program - Aperture priority AE
ISO speed - 200
Exposure bias - 0 EV
Tripod - No
HDR - No
# of brackets - NA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo