Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Inside the CapMetro Rail Maintenance Facility

Yesterday I had to do some work on one of the trains and so I went in a little early to get a couple of shots inside the maintenance facility.  I took several of and around the trains and this is the one I liked best.  This place is like a Jiffy Lube on steroids!  You can see it still has the same kind of pits for changing engine oil in cars, but obviously these are much bigger!  I don't mean to disparage our operation here by comparing it to Jiffy Lube, that's not my intent.  It's just that the layout is the same only on a much larger scale!  I think it's cool even if my description isn't!

This shot is a single raw that I adjusted in Photoshop CC's camera raw filter with a little bit of Nik Color Efex 4's tonal contrast, pro contrast and darken lighten center filters thrown in for good measure.  It's not an HDR.  I'm trying to ween myself off of HDR unless really necessary.  Not everything can be HDR! :-)


Exif data:

Camera - Nikon D700
Lens Model - Nikkor 16.0-35.0 mm f/4.0
Exposure Program - Aperture-priority AE
Exposure - 0.04 sec (1/25)
Aperture - f/6.3
Focal Length - 16 mm
ISO Speed - 1600
Exposure Bias -  +1 EV
Flash - No Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo