Friday, February 21, 2014

New Sweden Church #4

OK, I know this is only the third pic of the church, but it was the 4th one that I processed and I wanted to put it out a little sooner...  The reason I wanted to put it out sooner is that I really like how it turned out.  It almost looks like an HDR, but yet it's a single shot and I processed it using ACR and Nik's suite of products.  I have been processing the previous shots of the church to look like they were taken a long time ago because when I went out to shoot, the sky was so overcast which made the light really flat. So, to make them kind of interesting, I gave them the old-timey treatment.  However, I liked the angle on this one so I tried to see what I could pull out of the sky with Nik's tools. 

With the graduated neutral density filter and the detail enhancer on Color Efex 4 as well as the structure slider in Viveza 2, I was really able grab some detail of the clouds and make it a bit more interesting.  Therefore, I thought I'd put it out next and screw up the numbering of the published photos.  Oh well...

What do you think?


Exif data:

Camera - Nikon D700
Lens Model - Nikkor 16.0-35.0 mm f/4.0
Exposure Program - Aperture-priority AE
Metering Mode - Multi-segment
Exposure - 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture -  f/16.0
Focal Length - 22 mm
ISO Speed - 400
Exposure Bias -  0 EV
Flash - No Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo