Thursday, December 19, 2013

Texaco Sign and Tower

Here's the next shot in my Round Rock water tower series.  I tried to find a few interesting angles and when I walked around the block that the tower is in the middle of, I found an old gas station that had been converted to a realtors office.  However, they left the old Texaco sign there and a couple of the old gas pumps.  I tried to get a shot of those as well, but I'll have to go back for those again sometime because what I did get suck.  Anyway, I liked the Texaco sign and tried to get it and the lit up tower in one shot.  I did that here.  Did it work?  Any feedback would be appreciated!

This is another 9-shot HDR processed via Photomatix using the fusion method.  Then I brought out the Texaco sign using Nik's Viveza 2 with control points on the white portion at the top to make it stand out as well as with the red and green.  Then I sharpened the thing up with Nik Sharpener.  One other thing - because some of you guys might notice - there is a little lens flare in the middle of the shot.  Sometimes I like those little imperfections and I decided to leave them in.  I guess it could be considered a mistake, but that's ok.


Exif data: 

Camera -  Nikon D700
 Exposure - 1.6
Aperture - f/6.3
Focal Length - 17 mm
ISO Speed -  200
Flash - No Flash
Exposure Program - Aperture-priority AE
Lens Model - Nikkor 16.0-35.0 mm f/4.0


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo