Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  Well, if there's anyone out there who reads this anyway! ;-)  Here's wishing you and yours a great holiday and to giving thanks for all of the blessings each of us have!

The photo below is a shot I took when Eileen and I traveled to Plymouth, MA a couple of years ago and visited the Plimouth Plantation.  The Plimouth Plantation is a recreation of what the settlement looked like when the Pilgrims arrived back in the 1600s.  They have a mockup of the Pilgrims village along with a mock up of a Wampanoag village.  The Wampanoag is the tribe of American Indians that lived in the area when the Pilgrims arrived.  What you see here is what a typical Wampanoag home looked like.  If you ever get to Plymouth, MA, visit the Plimouth Plantation.  I think you'll enjoy it!

The shot is something I decided to have a little fun with..  It's an HDR that I put through Nik's new Analog Efex filter using one of the old camera presets, and then I ran it through Nik Silver Efex2.  So that's why it has this old gritty look to it with all of the stains and stuff on it.  I thought this house is from a long time ago so why not make the photo look like it came from a long time ago!  I hope you like it and thanks for dropping by!


Exif data:

Camera - Nikon D300S
Exposure - 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture - f/11.0
Focal Length - 10 mm
ISO Speed - 400
Flash - No Flash
Exposure Program - Aperture-priority AE
Lens Model - Sigma 10.0-20.0 mm f/4.0-5.6


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo