Wednesday, September 4, 2013

IMHI Thru the Trees

I have posted a couple shots of the Independence Mental Health Institute a while back, but I overlooked this one.  I know it shows the actual hospital way off in the distance, but I liked how the sun shows through the big pine tree on the right.  It casts a pretty cool shadow, too.

As far as processing goes, this shot is comprised of 7 bracketed photos spaced 1 EV apart.  I also used Exposure Fusion in Photomatix instead of Tone Mapping.   I'm really starting to like that way of processing more for landscape-type shots.  It has a more realistic/photographic look to it.  Of course, if texture is your thing, go with Tone Mapping for sure!


Exif data:

Camera -  Nikon D700
Exposure - 0.025 sec (1/40)
Aperture - f/16.0
Focal Length - 31 mm
ISO Speed - 200
Flash - No Flash
Lens Model - Nikkor 16.0-35.0 mm f/4.0


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo