Friday, July 12, 2013

Rangers Ball Park Nighttime Panorama

This weekend, the Texas Rangers play the Detroit Tigers in Detroit.  As a matter of fact, I'm watching them play on TV as I write this.  Right now, the Tigers are up 7-2 in the middle of the 7th.  Plus, the Major league Baseball All-Star Game and break is coming up.  So, I thought it would be a good time to post the second pano I took on the night of May 18th up in Arlington.  This is the second pano I took from the same vantage point in the stadium.  The first one was just before sunset and this was after sundown.

Compared to my other pano, this one isn't quite as wide.  I'm not too consistent when it comes to where I should start and stop taking the shots that make-up a pano.  The more I do it however, the better I get.  To get a good periphery, I think you almost have to go beyond 180 degrees from left-to-right or right-to-left and then crop out from there.  If I would've done that here, I could've gotten almost identical shots of the stadium at different times of the day.  I guess I could crop the other, but I really like how I captured the words "Rangers" and "Arlington" from the wall on either side of the daylight shot and am sorry I didn't get that here.  Oh well, live and learn I always say!

Oh, lastly in this shot you can see Victor Martinez of the Tigers getting at least a base hit and rounding first base as the ball is getting fielded in right.  Sorry if the shot is a little too small to see that, but if you click on the picture, you might be able too see it a little better on the larger version.


Exif data:

Camera -  Nikon D700
Exposure -  0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture - f/6.3
Focal Length - 28 mm
ISO Speed - 800
Exposure Bias -  -1/3 EV
Flash -  No Flash
Exposure Program - Manual
Lens Model - 28.0-300.0 mm f/3.5-5.6


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo