Sunday, April 21, 2013

Red Breasted House Finch

You know, sometimes you can find the best picture opportunities at your own house.  Of course, sometimes you have to have the right gear, but still...  I took this shot outside our back window where we have a bird feeder hanging from one of our oak trees.  We get a lot of sparrows, doves, grackles and blue jays that like to eat from it.  We get the occasional squirrel that we have to chase away, too!  Those guys are gluttons!  Anyway, we also get these pretty red breasted house finches.  I always wanted to get a shot of one of them, so today I thought I would give it a try.  To get this shot I really needed a super long lens so I could get some great detail.  Instead, I used my 28-300 racked all the way out and then I cropped the heck out of it so the bird would be most obvious in picture.



View Larger Map

1 comment:

Disqus for Evan's Expo