Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Colorado Capitol at Sunrise

When we went to Denver last year, Eileen and I got up a little early to tour the US Mint.  The Mint in Denver makes all of the coins that we use from pennies to quarters and more.  The Mint in San Francisco makes all of the coin proofs.  Pretty cool stuff.  However, don't get me started on all of this printing and coining money, but it was cool to see how it is done.  On the way to the Mint, we saw the Colorado capitol building.  We didn't have time to go inside, but I did shoot off a few hand-held brackets from the outside.  The shot turned out pretty good, but it has a couple of flaws.  Overall though, I like it.  Too bad it had the scaffolding around it, but it guess it's a companion to this shot of the Texas capitol I took a while ago...



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo