Monday, March 25, 2013

UPDATE: Nik Bundle Free!

Well, maybe not totally free.. Google bought Nik a while back and now they are doing something extraordinary! You see, if you own any one of the plugins, you are now eligible for a free copy of all of the Nik plugins for Photoshop, Lightroom or Aperture!  I just received an email regarding this.  I do own a registered copy of some of their stuff, but not all. This would be fantastic if true!  According to Digital Photography Review, it is true!  I must admit, I was a bit skeptical when I received the email because it seemed too good to be true.  I didn't want to download any malware!  So, if you purchased any of their plugins within the last 5 years, you are now eligible for the whole shootin' match!  And if you don't, they dropped the price 70% to $149!  That's a heck of a deal!  I'll try it out tonight and let you know!

UPDATE (3-26-13):  Yes, it's true!  I downloaded it last night and got all of the plugins free!  Pretty awesome! Now, I'm the proud owner of Nik's DFine 2, Viveza 2, Color Efex 4, HDR Efex 2, Silver Efex 2 and Sharpener Pro 3 (at least I think it's 3).  Woohoo!! I just hope any updates that come out from now on are of the same quality that they were when not owned by Google.  We'll see! 

Are you an owner of any of these?  If so try it out for yourself and let me know!  Thanks for reading!



Click here to go to the new Nik site by Google...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo