Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

And that's Football Season!  Yes!  It starts this weekend with the NFL's Hall of Fame Game on Sunday! I know  it's pre-season, but it's still football.  It's the Arizona Cardinals v the New Orleans Saints!  I love this time of year!  In this day and age of "nothing but crap on TV", I'll take a meaningless live football game over just about anything else. 

This means fall is right around the corner, cool weather is coming and we get to fulfill another check-mark on our bucket list!  You see, our bucket list consists of seeing a football game in every NFL stadium.  This year it's Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver to see the Broncos.  Can't wait!  The main reason we're going there this year is because Peyton Manning now plays for the Broncos.  I guess he's all grown up now.  Because that's what colts do, right?  They grow up to be bucking broncos, yes?  I know, it's a bad joke, but I can never come up with good ones.  Anyway, it seems he's healthy this year and we can't wait to see him!  Should be fun.  And speaking of bucket lists, do you have one?  If you do, what's on it?  I'd love to hear what others would like to do during their lifetimes!

The shot below is from a pre-season football game we went to a while back where the Baltimore Ravens played the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, PA.  It was fun even if it was pre-season.  This shot I used my Sony DSC-HX9V and took about 7 shots in the portrait orientation from one end of the stadium to the other trying to carefully overlap each one by about 20% or so.  Then I stitched them together in Photoshop CS5 and added a little more color to the sky with Nik Color Efex.  It turned out pretty cool I think.  However, if you look closely, some peoples' heads and seats got chopped up due to the stitching process in Photoshop.  I guess it doesn't totally work every time, but I like the overall result.

I hope you do, too and thanks for dropping by!


Disqus for Evan's Expo