Monday, June 18, 2012

Renault Or Lotus?

This is another shot of an F1 race car that I took during the Formula 1 Expo held at the Austin Convention Center this past weekend.  It may be a French made Renault racer or it could be a Lotus.  I guess I need to pay more attention to the signs by the cars. I don't think Renault makes F1 racers anymore and from what I've seen on the internet, Renault has their name on Lotus cars.  Hell, I don't know..  All I know is that Renault is a French car maker and its name is on this car.  Maybe some of my European friends out there can help me out here. I don't know a lot about F1 racing, but I do know that it is exciting and that the cars that zip around the track are the best in the world. And, you have to admit, it's a pretty cool looking racer!  I DO know they are bigger than Indy cars which is surprising.  I always thought everything in America was bigger, but Europe has us beat in the race car size "arena".


2 comments:

  1. Renault build engines for F1 cars. The Red Bull Racing car sitting next to this one had a Renault engine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2.  That makes sense!  Thanks, Dave!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo