Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Fokker Triplane

This here is another shot I took at the Pioneer Flight Museum located at the Kingsbury Aerodrome in Kingsbury, Texas.  It is a Fokker Dr.I Triplane.  According to the Pioneer Flight Museum's website, "The Fokker Dr.I was one of the most famous fighter planes of World War I due to its association with the feared German ace, Baron Manfred von Richthofen."  It's a cool looking plane up close and I bet it is a fun one to fly.  That's something I would like to learn, but it will probably have to happen in another lifetime.  Anyway, you can read more about it on the link.

As far as the picture goes, I took a few liberties with it.  It's an HDR of course (speaking of which, you should read my friend Dave Wilson's article entitled "Why HDR Sucks".  Awesome read...), and I tried to subdue some of the colors and fade it a little bit using various presets in Nik's Color Efex to give it a slightly dated/old look.  I also added a vignette to draw your eye to the aircraft.  Hope it worked.  Let me know what you think!


5 comments:

  1. Very cool!  I'm going to need to visit this place!

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Good luck!  From what Van tells me, I was lucky to see that stuff.  He went out there last weekend and the place was locked up.  Maybe the site has a phone number or something you can call first before you go to find out if they are open or not.  Hate for you to go all the way out there to learn they are closed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great old Plane! nice work

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo