Friday, February 17, 2012

Tubular

I've always liked abstracts. When I go out to shoot, I try to find things that are unusual or something I can show in a different perspective.  I hardly ever succeed in that endeavor though.  Finally, I think I found something that stirred my creative juices and I put together one of my first abstracts.  At least I THINK it's an abstract. ;-) I guess that's always up for interpretation.  Anyway, I took this shot recently and added some color to it and some other things to make it - hopefully - interesting to the viewer.  I took it on a recent photo trip of mine.  If you follow this blog at all, you probably know where I took this shot, but do you know what it is a shot of and what I did with it?

As always, let me know what you think and I thanks you for dropping by. (Click on the picture for a larger view.)


2 comments:

  1. This is sweet! The gradation of colors is awesome. I'm guessing you shot this in San Marcos, and mirrored the grill, then added the color. Whatever, it works for me. This would look so cool hanging on a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I did! Yeah, I wanted to do something different with it. I'm glad you think it turned out nice! I know it made a HUGE tiff file so you are right, it might look good hanging somewhere! Thanks, Van!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo