Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, my most recent posts have been from our latest trip to the east coast and the shots here are no exception.  The bonus is that they really coincide with the Thanksgiving holiday which is here!  It's a theme I've tried to stick with until the holiday passes.  When Christmas comes, I'm not sure what I'll do because I don't have anything for then.  But, I digress... Anyway, these three shots are from Plymouth, MA and they have to do with the Pilgrims.  The first shot below is of a recreation of the Mayflower called the "Mayflower II" and is an accurate representation of the original ship.  Hard to believe that a roughly 150 passengers or so sailed on this vessel for about 2 months to get here.  Can you imagine the smell?  And, the second shot is of the actual Plymouth Rock!  It's now about the size of an average desk that you would use today, maybe a little smaller.  However, our tour guide Leo (seen in the last shot overlooking "the Rock") told us that it's probably about half the size of what it was back in the day.  Leo was great by the way.  He's dressed in the almost typical Pilgrim attire there.  He said that the Pilgrims didn't wear the hats with the buckles on them and all that other stuff.  What he wore for this shot was typical back in the day, except for the shoes, I think. ;-)  I don't think they had bottled water either.

I guess that's about it.  I hope everyone that visits this blog, all one of you - hehe - have a great Thanksgiving holiday!  Be thankful for what you have and for the many blessings received.  That's what it's really all about.

Thanks for dropping by.






 

2 comments:

Disqus for Evan's Expo