Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Old North Church Interior Panorama

The last couple of days we spent in Boston were rather rainy so I decided to leave the monstrous D300s at the room and just wander with our little Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V. I didn't want to get that big ole Nikon wet.  Plus it can get pretty heavy lugging that DSLR around all day.

Anyway, one of our stops while sight-seeing was The Old North Church of the "One if by land, two if by sea" fame.  It's pretty cool to see the place where the signal was sent to Paul Revere when he made his famous ride!  This is the inside of the church here.  I think it is still pretty much the same as it was back in the revolutionary war days.   Plus, I think it is still a working church that has regular services.  Wouldn't be cool to say you attend that church if you are of that persuasion?

Anyway, this shot was a little tricky to put together.  It is six sets of 3 brackets set at -1, 0 and +1 EVs, merged and tonemapped in Photomatix and then merged as a panorama in Photoshop.  I did all of this hand-held as well because I didn't want to lug the tripod along this day either.  So there are flaws in this shot, but I still kind of like it.  It might have been better had we been there when the interior lights were on, but you can't have everything!

Also, I don't remember the chandeliers being so low! :-)

I hope you enjoy the shot and thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Hand-held HDR pano, awesome, Evan. I don't think you needed the electrical lighting, the natural light streaming in through the windows works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Pano Evan, those old churches are great subjects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the are fun! Too bad I didn't have the D300s monster with me and this would have been better, but it turned out OK.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo