Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Moon Over Philadelphia

Whenever we travel somewhere, I like to get a shot of the view from where we are staying if there something interesting to see.  When we went to Philadelphia, we stayed at the Embassy Suites on Benjamin Franklin Parkway.  It's a very nice hotel and the room was a good size.  Plus its location was good as we were only a few blocks from City Hall.  Unfortunately, the lobby was under renovation, so that wasn't so good.  Anyway, I thought the view was nice and luckily the night we stayed there, we had a full moon.  I guess I should've tried to get a tighter shot with the moon, but I don't have a good enough lens for that.  I took a few other shots from our balcony, but I think this was the best of the bunch.  Is that saying much?  I don't know, but It sems to be OK.

Also, the funny thing was when we got there, I had a deja vu moment.  I had stayed in this same exact hotel back in the late '80s when I was in the military while on business to the city.  I had no idea when we booked it.  So that made it even that much cooler!  Brought back some memories.

Anyway, I hope you like the shot and thanks for dropping by. (Click on the picture to see a larger version)


2 comments:

  1. Sweet view Evan, I like all the lights in the building on the right

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo