Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Underground Rotunda

This time of year trying to shoot outside in the middle of the afternoon is quite a chore.  Especially this year.  Right now in Central Texas, we are having record-breaking heat as well as a record-breaking drought.  It's brutal!  Shooting outdoors in this stuff is not fun.  However, one of the places for a nice reprieve is old faithful, the Texas Capitol.  It's very photographer friendly there and there's plenty to shoot.  Not to mention, it's air conditioned!  Sometimes I feel like I've shot too much there, but I usually can find a new angle on something to try or a new subject.  I did try a vertorama that Farbspiel does quite a bit on his HDR Cookbook site quite often.  I tried that in the main rotunda a couple of posts ago.  So, to go along with that, I decide to post a new angle of the underground rotunda, as it's called, which is located on the north side of the complex.  It's part of the Capitol Extension which has a nice atrium, gift shops and a cafeteria among other things.  It's very nice.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the picture.

2 comments:

  1. Great composition! That building looks like a great place to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jason! It is a great place to shoot, especially in this heat...

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo