Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Texas Capitol Extension and Photography Snobbery

Below is another shot from the inside of the Texas Capitol Extension. This is one of the views from just inside of the Underground Rotunda.  Luckily when I was there shooting, there were hardly any other people around.  That always makes it nice.  However, it seems sometimes when there's not many people around, the ones who are there tend to meander into your shot and then stand there for what seems an eternity!  One couple walked into my shot here and just kind of wanted to look around.  It's fine for them.  They can do what they want, it's a free country (as of right now anyway).  When this happens I just wait quietly and smile politely until they move along.  It's just funny that there are so many other places in there they could be, but that's the place they end up.  Maybe they think it's interesting because I'm getting ready to shoot something?  I don't know.  I guess it's called "photography snobbery" on my part. Dang tourists! ;-)

I hope you enjoy this shot and thanks for dropping by.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful symmetry.

    Yeah, I wish the people would just walk through quickly instead of stopping. At least with long exposure, those walkthroughs don't show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shot is awesome Evan, I would love to get out there and shoot this place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mike! Yo should come out some time! There are lot of us here that would like to meet you and shoot with you! Let us know if you do decide...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny...I just took some brackets in this spot on Sunday (haven't processed yet). I bet that half those people don't realize you're shooting unless your eyeball is in the viewfinder. I was that clueless once (but don't tell anyone).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mike! I know what you mean! Can't wait to see what you get from there! Great minds and all that!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo