Thursday, May 19, 2011

Busted My Lumix DMC-TZ5

Not sure what happened, but my Lumix DMC-TZ5 camera is broken.  I tried to use my compact DMC-TZ5 at the Rangers/Yankees game a couple of weeks ago and when I turned it on, the LCD had cracks in it and the LCD said something like, "cannot figure out what the hell is wrong with me" (I'm paraphrasing because I don't remember what it said exactly) and then it would shut off.  It's kind of sad because that camera was pretty good for a compact. It even went on a lot of trips with Eileen and I.  It was also a nice stand-in for when I didn't want to lug the big ole DSLR.  It even had a nice 12x zoom lens plus I could auto bracket 3 exposures on it.  But now, it's headed to the trash heap.  Good by old fellow, we'll miss you!

 Image of DMC-TZ5 courtesy of www.dpreview.com


Now, I'm looking at a couple of new compacts and I think I have it narrowed down between the more up-to-date Lumix DMC-ZS10 and the new Sony DSC-HX9V.  From what I've read, they both have a longer 16x zoom lens than my old Lumix, but the image sharpness on the Sony is a little better.  They also are priced the same.  So, I just need to look at the specs a little more for each and go from there.  I see a few different sites are out of stock on the Sony one, so that might either mean it's a better camera or people just like to buy the latest and greatest thing out there.

If anyone out there knows of a good compact with an excellent zoom that can also auto-bracket exposures, let me know.  I'd really like to see if there's anything out there that's worth looking at that is similar in size to these.  I really value your opinions, so let me know and thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo