Sunday, April 3, 2011

Inside the Beale Street Tavern

I'm not sure why this is called "The Beale Street Tavern" since it is located on 6th Street in Austin, but I imagine it has something to do with the Elvis status you can see above the bar.  It seems like a cool place to hang out and I probably would have in my youth.  However, I don't think This was the name of the place back in the day when I frequented 6th Street.  The only place I recognize down there anymore is Maggie Mae's and that has gone through a few iterations over the years.  I guess that's what happens.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photo and thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. One thing I forgot to mention about this shot is that I find it funny that no one is looking at the performer on stage in the left side of the shot. Everybody seems to be ignoring him or watching TV or off in their own little world. When I was in there, I honestly can't remember if I liked what he was playing or not. Maybe that's why no one else paid attention, either?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot, Evan. Now that you mention it, I can't remember anything about the performer. Guess he wasn't that good.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo