Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Rain-forest Road

The Vancouver area of British Columbia, Canada has pretty much the same climate as Washington state, that is, it's temperate.  Much of the area is covered with rain-forests.  Normally when I think of rain-forests, I think of the tropics, but they do exist in other forms.  We went to this rain-forest during a tour with a company called Whistler Discovery Tours.  We took the Ancient Rain-forest Experience tour and this was one of the roads we crossed while going from viewing the eagles to seeing the forest interior.  I thought it made a nice shot with the yellow stripe and the dark asphalt of the road contrasting with the snow and the trees.  I just wish there was more foliage on the trees but I still kind of like this shot.

The guide for our tour was the owner of Whistler Discovery Tours and he is an excellent nature photographer.  His name is James Fougere and you can see his work here.  Check it out if you have some time.  He really does nice work and if you ever go on one of his tours, he will be happy to give you pointers on photography.  Very nice guy!

8 comments:

  1. Just across the pond from us! I've been to the Whistler area a few times, but never took this tour. We will have to do so next time we go. What a great image Evan, I love the composition and feeling you've created here, with or without foliage. :) Great image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice image Evan! Really like the angle and the never-ending road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! ToadHollowPhoto: Yes, you should take that tour. Theyy also have some others that really sound great, but we just didn't have the time or scratch for them. we'd like to go back in the spring someday because James said the vegetation is really good as well as the wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I love the vanishing point here, and the depth, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Evan, great blog and content... I found your site after viewing Trey's SIC website. I also use Blogger, just wondering whether your site has been customised outside of Blogger, as I'm struggling adjusting my template to full width for a similar look to yours... any advice will be much appreciated, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mike and Simon!

    Simon, I think I edited the html code a little bit to set the width. I'm still not real happy with it, but it'll have to do. I'm sorry, but I cannot remember exactly how it did it, but I think if you go here it might be able to help:

    http://www.squidoo.com/customize_blogger

    Hope this helps and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link Evan. I've added the Blogger template - 'Minima Stretch' for a similar look... works a treat for photoblogs!
    Keep up the good work, cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo