Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Driskill Hotel Bar from the Stage

You would think that with this post and my previous post that I like to hang out in bars.  Ahh, that was in my youth.  I do enjoy the occasional visit for a cocktail or two but the heavy partying days are behind me.  Now it's just as fun to take pictures in a bar as it was to get loopy in one.  This bar has great opportunities for photography in it.  It's located in the famous Driskill Hotel right on 6th Street here in Austin.  It's been shot by photographers a zillion times, but I've only shot it once before a couple of Christmases ago.  I took this shot while messing around waiting for a photowalk last week with Van Sutherland.  He posted some excellent stuff from that evening by the way.  Check it out if you have a minute.

4 comments:

  1. I had a very pleasant stay in the fabulous Driskill back in September 2010. I was in Austin on business, but my stay at the hotel was fantastic. When I return, I'll be sure to take my camera next time. Lots to shoot there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell us the truth, Evan, You and Van spent only five minutes walking around on the photo walk and the better part of the evening in the Driscoll Bar swapping photo stories. ;-) I love the shots you guys capture at the Driscoll, do you get away with using a tripod in there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot Evan, I would love to shoot this place! well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. Yep, the Driskill is very friendly towards photographers. You can go all over with a tripod and they don't mind a bit. If you are ever here, check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo