Sunday, December 12, 2010

Seton Williamson Hospital Lobby

Seton Williamson Entrance

The Seton Family of Hospitals has branches all over the Austin area. My wife Eileen now works at the Williamson County location and thought I might like to shoot there.  I was up for that!

This location opened about a year or two ago and is very close to our home; 6 miles to be exact. It's very convenient for Eileen! I wish I could find work so close. It beats the 28 mile one-way commute I have to endure. Waaa. Anyway, the hospital is very nice and new and, as you can see here in the lobby, they have a couple of white Christmas trees set up with red bulbs on them. I remember those kind of trees from the 1970s. I guess they are coming back.

One other thing that's cool about this place is that Seton is a Catholic institution and there are crosses everywhere, yet they are subtle.  I'm sure you can find a couple in this shot. 

Lastly, I wish this would've come through in the photo, but the green portion of the wall behind the counter in the back of the shot is a waterfall.  It's very cool, but you wouldn't know it from looking at this shot.

This shot was processed as usual

Other settings include:

Camera: Nikon D300s
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6D EX DC HSM Autofocus Zoom
ISO: 200
Aperture: f11
Exposure Bias: +0.33
Shutter: 1
Focal Length: 11.5mm
Mode: Aperture Priority
Bracketing: 5 exposures with EVs ranging from -2 to +2 at 1 stop intervals
White Balance: Manual
Tripod: Induro AB0
Nikon MC-30 Remote Release Cord

From the blog at http://egearingphoto.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo