Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Looking South Down Lavaca Street, Austin, Texas

street

The same morning I took my Moon Over the Monarch shot, I grabbed a quick shot looking south down Lavaca St. I kind of like this one because it shows the Frost Bank Building on the left with the four red lights at the top as well as the new Austonian, the skinny building to the right of the Frost Bank Building.  I'm not sure what the main building is in the middle with the lit green top, but it looks pretty nice whatever it is.  The only thing I wish I would've done during the shot was try to get the light streaks all the way down the street, but no time and little traffic blew that for me.

I really don't have too much more to add about this shot except in it's processing... I changed it up a little bit.  Instead of my usual way of processing, I merged and tonemapped it all in Photomatix and then did my Nik Color Efex thing.  I added one more filter from Nik Color Efex; I added a layer of the Midnight filter. However, I brought down the blur to zero and I think I set the opacity on the layer to somewhere between 40-50%.  I removed the noise and sharpened as normal.

Other settings include:

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6D EX DC HSM Autofocus Zoom
ISO: 200
Aperture: f11
Exposure Bias: -0.00
Shutter: 10
Focal Length: 16mm
Mode: Aperture Priority
Bracketing: 5 exposures with EVs ranging from -2 to +2 at 1 stop intervals
White Balance: Auto
Tripod: Induro AB0
Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord

From the blog at http://egearingphoto.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Disqus for Evan's Expo