Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Glass Hotel (Omni), Austin, Texas

Glass Hotel

This is the front of the Omni Hotel which is part of the Austin Centre in Austin, Texas. I wanted to get a corner shot of this hotel from an adjacent parking garage, but the garages close to this place were not easy to find access to the top floors. So, I was relegated to shooting it from across the street in front of the Central Presbyterian Church on 8th Street. I'm kind of glad it worked out that way because this shot really shows the expanse of the inside through the glass. I just wish the interior was lit up a little more.

If you are curious as to what the inside of the hotel looks like, check out my other posts here.  Looks like it would be a very nice place to stay.

I did my standard processing for this shot and I had to skew the shot a little bit due to the distortion from my Sigma 10-20mm lens.

Other settings include:

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6D EX DC HSM Autofocus Zoom
ISO: 640
Aperture: f11
Exposure Bias: -0.00
Shutter: 1.6
Focal Length: 10mm
Mode: Aperture Priority
Bracketing: 5 exposures with EVs ranging from -2 to +2 at 1 stop intervals
White Balance: Auto
Tripod: Induro AB0
Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord

From the blog at http://egearingphoto.blogspot.com

9 comments:

  1. Evan,

    Great detail here (as usual). Just one correction, though. You are shooting from the front of Central Presbterian Church on the corner of 8th & Brazos. First Presbyterian is on Mesa Drive in north west Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot, Evan. I'm thinking a longer lens might make for an interesting abstract here. Just a nice tight framing of glass and steel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for pointing that out Dave... I made the proper corrections.

    Van, that's a good idea. I still feel I haven't developed the eye for abstracts yet. Suggestions like this will certainly help... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Evan, great use of HDR!! Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the depth through all the structures. Good eye for thinking to shoot this.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo