Friday, September 24, 2010

Bus Maintenance

Bus Engine

Before I talke about this shot, I wanted to mention one little thing... The previous three postings were from the last weekend's motocross shoot. I posted some of the better shots I took that are not HDRs in my Zenfolio gallery if you are interested in seeing them. If you aren't interested, that's fine also.

You know, sometimes when you are having a hard time thinking of something to shoot, interesting things may actually be closer than you think. I work at the local transit agency in Austin, Texas called Capital Metro and there are some great photography opportunities there. Recently I've been plagued by the "photographer's block" bug and at lunch today, I decided to try and break out of it a little. So, I grabbed my camera and headed out the maintenance garages located behind the administration building where I work. The possibilities are endless in there, even if I did get weird looks from some of the mechanics.

Lunch seemed to be a good time because most of the guys there were gone leaving me to do my work. However, like I mentioned, the few passersby that did see me gave me that, "What the he--?!" - kind of gaze. Anyway, I snapped off a few here and there and of the ones I took, this one jumped out at me because of the way the bus sat with the tool cabinets around it and with the bus up on the lift. It just looks cool to me, like more work is ready to be done.

This shot was processed the usual way.

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6D EX DC HSM Autofocus Zoom
ISO: 200
Aperture: f11
Exposure Bias: -0.00
Shutter: 0.4
Focal Length: 10mm
Mode: Aperture Priority
Bracketing: 5 exposures with EVs ranging from -2 to +2 at 1 stop intervals
White Balance: Auto
Tripod: Induro AB0
Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord

From the blog at http://egearingphoto.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo