Friday, September 10, 2010

"Big House" Panorama in Ann Arbor, Michigan

The Big House Panorama

Last weekend my wife Eileen and I took a trip up to Michigan to visit my side of the family.  While we were there, we had the privilege of seeing a University of Michigan football game courtesy of my sister, Elizabeth and her significant other, Jack.  My brother Tom also went to the game as well as some of Elizabeth and Jack's friends who were very fun people.

This game had Michigan playing the University of Connecticut Huskies - boooo!!  Needless to say, Michigan clobbered the Huskies 30-10.  And, Michigan's quarterback this year - Denard Robinson - looked awesome!  He broke Michigan's single game record for total offense with 383 yards and he also broke the single game rushing record by a quarterback with 198 yards.  The dude is awesome!  Oh, and I forgot to mention, he doesn't tie his shoes!  I just hope he can do something against Notre Dame tomorrow.  It will be on NBC tomorrow at 3:30 EDT if you are interested.  I know I'll be glued to the TV for this one!  Especially after what happened last year!

I had been to Michigan Stadium one time before when I was very little.  My Dad took me to a Michigan v Michigan State game - I think - but that was so long ago that I can't remember who Michigan played for sure.  This year, Michigan rededicated the stadium to show off some of it's new construction that was put in place during the last two years.  It is definitely a huge place!  One other record that was set was the attendance record which was 113,090!  And I can say for a certainty that not all the seats were filled.  We sat where some season ticket holders normally sit but they don't show until conference games.  So, this number is short by at least two or three.  Wait until the Michigan State game this year!

This shot here is a panorama of 8 pictures taken with my handy-dandy Lumix DMC-TZ5 stitched together in Photoshop CS4.  Other than the stitching, no other alterations were made to this shot.  The only thing about this picture I'm not happy about it the field on the right side.  Photoshop wasn't able to stitch it together too well there, but I'm happy with the results everywhere else.  I really just wanted to convey the size of the stadium and hopefully I was able to do that here.  If you want to see a bigger shot of this, click on the picture above which will take you to my flickr site and then go to "Actions", click on "All sizes" and check out the original.. That will give you a better idea.

Let me know what you think and thanks for taking time to visit.

From the blog at http://egearingphoto.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Evan, great! That Robinson kid is unreal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess the shot itself is nice, but seeing as I went to Illinois I just can't get myself to say anything nice about michigan... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, wait a minute, I don't have any ill will toward Illinois, no pun intended.. I can't help it if Michigan has been better for such a long time, just not right now.. but we'll get there.. hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo