Thursday, August 26, 2010

Moon Over the Monarch in Austin

Moon Over the Monarch

My little project of getting shots from different garages around town has been pretty fun.  It was cool this week too, since the moon was full during one of my expeditions.  This is a shot of the Monarch building with a full moon right next to it.  If you aren't familiar with Austin too much, the Monarch is the one with the arch at the top that is lit with blue lights.  I think the lighting up there changes color every few minutes to give the place a different look.  That seems to be a fad these days because not only does the Monarch do that, but so does the Austonian as well several others downtown.  The Monarch as well as the Austonian is one of the new new-fangled condos springing up like weeds around here.  I'm not sure if it is considered a luxury condo building like the Four Seasons Residences, but I have a feeling it is.

I got this shot at the Chase Bank parking garage at 9th and Lavaca.  That one also has elevators that make getting to the top quite easy and sweat-free.  Very nice for getting to work without smelling like I just got in from the gym.  The co-workers appreciate it.

I processed it the usual way, but I did mask in the sky from the 0.00 EV bracket and masked in the moon from the -2.00 EV bracket.  I also adjusted the moon's color with Nik Viveza 2 to give it a more natural color than the ugly yellow that came out during the processing.

Other settings include:

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Nikkor AF-S DX 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
ISO: 400
Aperture: f11
Exposure Bias: -0.00
Shutter: 5
Focal Length: 99mm
Mode: Aperture Priority
Bracketing: 5 exposures with EVs ranging from -2 to +2 at 1 stop intervals
White Balance: Auto
Tripod: Induro AB0
Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord

From the blog at http://egearingphoto.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo