Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Focus and Breathe Austin

Focus and Breathe Austin

Like my previous three posts or so, this shot was taken during a photowalk with good friends Van Sutherland and Mike Connell. It's the Austin, Texas skyline from the Pfluger Pedestrian Bridge taken just after sunset.Just after sunset is a great time for photography, but the light goes quickly. There's only a 15 minute window or so from when the sun dips beneath the horizon to when the glow on the buildings disappear. We had to hurry to get the shots off in time. Van wrote about it much better than I could and he has an even better shot of the skyline than this one if you wish to check it out. Check it out if you have a moment.

This shot use my standard processing with a Viveza 2 tweak on the sky to darken it a tad.

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Nikkor AF-S DX 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
ISO: 200
Aperture: f8
Exposure Bias: -0.67
Shutter: 2.5
Focal Length: 92mm
Mode: Aperture Priority
Bracketing: 5 exposures with EVs ranging from -2 to +2 at 1 stop intervals
White Balance: Auto
Tripod: Induro AB0
Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words, Evan, but your photo is closer to what I was going for. We'll have to do this again, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Van. I guess we can agree that both are OK.

    I tweaked this shot a little more with the midnight filter after I posted this version and I think it looks a little better. The sky is darker but the buildings are the same. I didn't replace it though. Someday maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo