Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ahead of Better Days

Ahead of Better Days

Saturday night was a little bit of a slow night in the Gearing household and I was itching for some picture taking, but I lacked any ideas. Eileen, my wife, said, "Why don't you try heading up to Belton and see if there's anything up there?" So, that's what I did. I jumped on I-35 and headed north. It's only about a 30 minute drive from Georgetown. Pretty close to Belton, I saw a salvage yard on the southbound side and I thought that might make for some interesting stuff. Old rusted cars and such make really good HDRs IMO. Regretfully, I didn't get the name of this particular one, but the old-timer hanging out in front had no problem with me shooting up his yard. That's where I found this shot. It's one of the better ones. I can't really remember what kind of car it was, but I think it's the inside of an old Chevy. Maybe some of you car buffs out there can help me out on this one. Gotta love rusty, crusty stuff in HDR.

I processed this the usual way, but I did give an extra push with the bleach bypass filter in Nik Color Efex to give it a more dated, washed out look.  I think I pushed that layer to about 40% opacity or so.

Other settings include:

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6D EX DC HSM Autofocus Zoom
ISO: 200
Aperture: f11
Exposure Bias: -0.00
Shutter: 1/25
Focal Length: 13mm
Mode: Aperture Priority
Bracketing: 5 exposures with EVs ranging from -2 to +2 at 1 stop intervals
White Balance: Auto
Tripod: Induro AB0
Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord

From the blog at http://egearingphoto.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Disqus for Evan's Expo