Monday, July 12, 2010

Driftwood, TX Texaco and Country Store

Driftwood , TX Texaco

This is gonna be a quick post, but if you've read yesterday's post, you'll know I went to Driftwood, TX over the weekend to get some shots. As the title states, this is the old Texaco gas station and country store. I'm not sure if it is open anymore since it was the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday. Perfect time to be open if it could be. But, maybe it's closed it's doors for good. Not sure. Anyway, it looks like something that belongs on Route 66 somewhere. Pretty nostalgic looking.  I tried to capture that in this shot, but after looking at it a little longer, I'm not sure if I did.  The good news is, I have a couple more shots of the place that I might put out here and see what you think of those instead.  Sometime I'll have to get back there when the sun is going down.  This middle of the day stuff isn't great, but HDR helps that a long a little I think. 

I did the old standard processing for this, but I put an ND filter on the lens to see what difference it might make.  I think it made the sky bluer, but it slowed the exposure and kind of made the clouds stack up a little between brackets.  Not good for HDRs.  Live and learn.

Other settings include:

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6D EX DC HSM Autofocus Zoom Lens
ISO: 200
Aperture: f11
Exposure Bias: 0.00
Shutter: 1/40
Focal Length: 10mm
Mode: Aperture Priority
Bracketing: 5 exposures with EVs ranging from -2 to +2 at 1 stop intervals
White Balance: Auto
Tripod: Induro AB0
Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord 

3 comments:

  1. Looks really good to me! Great job on the sky. I think you're right; sunset would be a good time to shoot this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard someone bought this and lives there, in other words it is no longer a business. I want to get down there and shoot this sometime. Well done! Nice looking image! Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Van.

    Jim, that makes sense, but it's too bad because I bet the interior would've been fun to try to capture as well. I'm glad they didn't take the Texaco sign down or get rid of the gas pump.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo