Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mission San Jose Church Interior

Mission San Jose Church

This is the inside of the church at Mission San Jose in San Antonio, Texas. It's still an active church there, I think the only one of all the missions down there. The missions down there were like miniature cities, very self sustaining. The inhabitants grew and stored their own food, raised their own kids and spread Christianity to the local indigenous population. A couple things there that amazed me was the mill where they ground their grain into flour and the granary where they stored it. Apparently, they could store enough grain to feed everyone on the mission for one year. Pretty incredible since the mission had living quarters for up to 85 families, if I remember correctly. I have a picture of the granary that I may post at another time. Anyway, I really enjoyed shooting the mission and getting this shot inside the church. I hope to get down there again to shoot the other missions.

You might notice one other thing about this shot... it's a little bigger than the others that I've posted here. The reason for that is because I link these shots to my flickr account and flickr has changed their format. They have more sizes that one can display his/her photos, and the format of how you can apply different settings has changed as well. I'm sure most of you flickrites have probably noticed the difference by now, but I think they are growing on me. I like the new sizes and I like the way you can add photos to sets and groups now. Especially with groups, you don't have to add the to one group at a time. What a time saver! All I can say is it's about time!!!

I used my standard processing for this shot and other camera settings are as follows:

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6D EX DC HSM Autofocus Zoom Lens
ISO: 200
Aperture: f11
Focal Length: 12mm
Mode: Aperture Priority
Tripod: Induro AB0
Nikon MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord 

2 comments:

  1. Sweet processing and great details! Nice one Evan!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo