Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wedding Season at the Mission

Wedding Season At Mission San Jose

While wandering the grounds of Mission San Jose in San Antonio, Texas this past Saturday, I discovered something very interesting.  It seems that place is very popular for those getting ready to tie the knot or have graduation pictures taken. The mission does make for a great backdrop. I must've seen 2-3 couples during the hour I spent there getting their wedding pictures taken.  I also saw a group of girls don their graduation gowns to get their pictures taken.  According to another photographer I met there, the amount of people getting the pictures taken was low on this day.  Well, as I was getting ready to leave, a beautiful woman in her wedding gown and a few photographers walked in to take some pics of the lovely bride.  I guess the groom must've been busy drinking or something like nervous grooms tend to do.  I, on the other hand did no such thing before my wedding, but I hear it happens.. ;-) Anyone believe me?  But, I digress...  So, I grabbed my camera, slapped on the kit 18-105mm lens and snapped a few off.  I didn't think that was an opportunity I should pass up.  I probably should've gotten a little closer or something, but it happened quite fast and I was pressed for time.  This is what I came up with.  The moment captured here is just before they started shooting.  I guess this means it's wedding season at the missions.  I never would've guessed that but it makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo