Saturday, May 22, 2010

Red Truck and Train Engine Shot On Display at Shelby Wood Design

I'm going to brag on myself a little more...   I've recently had the honor of getting a couple of my shots purchased for display at Shelby Wood Design. The two pictures are my red truck shot and one of my Union Pacific train engine shots as seen below:

Red Truck

Union Pacific Train


Shelby Wood Design specializes in interior design for private and commercial enterprises as well as art direction for films and print.  If you check out the resume on her site, you'll see why I just had to blog about this.  She's done some commercial work for some big names out there ranging from Bank of America, Lowe's and Volkswagen to magazine print work featuring Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford and Gene Simmons.  Pretty cool stuff!  Shelby said she would send along some shots of my work hanging there when she gets them matted and framed.  I'll post them here when I get them. 

Speaking of the prints, she wanted the prints signed.  So, they were sent to me first for my signature and then forwarded on to her firm.  They were printed on 20 x 30 inch metallic paper from MPix and I must say, for pictures like these, metallic is the way to go.  The colors really pop on it and everything just had a really cool look to it.  It's hard to describe, only that if you've never printed anything on metallic, give a try and see what you think next time you need something printed.  I don't think you'll go back to anything else.  I'm very impressed.  I'm also very happy with how well everything showed up at that size from a little APS-C sensor on my D90.  I think I may not need to worry about upgrading to a full-frame anymore, especially since my lenses are only for APS-C cameras anyway.

Well, even with things like this happening, I don't think I can quit my day job, although that's still somewhat of a dream for me.  But, you just never know what may happen. 

Now, to think of some more stuff to shoot....

One last thing, please check out my HDR work-flow if you would like to know how I process my shots...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Those MPix metallics looks fabulous and HDR looks especially good on that paper. I'm using it for most of the prints I'm hanging next week. I'm also trying Adorama's metallic too since it's currently on special at $4.95 per 16"x20" print (compared to $20 at MPix).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave. I'll have to try Adorama next time I order. Really love the metallics. Looking forward to your gallery opening as well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo