Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Online Photo Gallery and Other Stuff

In another attempt to help keep my hobby up to date, I have created an online gallery and store to sell some of my better works.  If you go to http://egearingphoto.zenfolio.com you will see some of my favorite stuff that are available for purchase.  Zenfolio is affiliated with MPix and their service is excellent.  I recently ordered a print of my Red Truck on metallic paper that's 20x30 in size and it turned out really, really nice. Not to mention, the day I ordered the print, I selected priority mail for $6.00 and it came two days later.  Normally a package that sizes cost $20 for parcel post which can take up to a week!  I couldn't be more happy with it!  Please check it out some time and let me know what you think.  There's also link in the upper right portion of this blog called My Zenfolio Store.  So, now not only can you purchase a print from the "Buy Print" link (through Fotomoto) underneath the photo in each post, but you can also see and purchase more through my Zenfolio gallery.

In a bit of other news, I'm currently documenting my work-flow to give you a better idea of how I generally process my shots.  I know I sort of describe some of the things I do each time I post a new image (or at least I try to), but that really doesn't spell out everything in one post.  So, I thought if I can do that, I could refer to it in subsequent posts and then just touch on anything I may have done differently for the image in question.  It's in a very raw, draft form right now, but I try to work on it when I can.  There is one thing that will hinder that operation; I'm getting ready for a trip to Washington DC in about a week or so.  I'm really looking forward to that, but like I said it will slow the time it will take to get my work-flow documented.

Lastly, as some, if not most of you may already know, Adobe is releasing Photoshop CS5.  And, from some of the reports I've read, it has a really robust HDR engine in it that will give Photomatix a run for its money.  That interests me quite a bit since I currently use Photoshop CS4 and Photomatix.  If I can reduce the amount of software I need, I'll be happy as a clam!  The only thing I wonder about is how the Nik plugins will work with it or if I will have to wait and upgrade those as well.  I think I will wait on CS5, but I'm looking forward to hearing more about what it can do.

Well, I guess that's about it for now.  Again, please take a look at my gallery and I will be posting more images there as well as here soon.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo