Monday, March 1, 2010

Tomb of Albert Sidney Johnston

I took this shot at the Texas State Cemetery last week. It is the tomb of Albert Sidney Johnston, a Confederate General. You can read more about him here.

This shot was originally a color hdr, but it seemed like it was lacking something. So, in my processing, I decided to see what the black and white converter in Nik Color Efex would do and it really made it look cool, I think. I like how it made the blue sky really dark. It gives it more of a haunting look.

It's a five bracket jpg exposed at f11 from -2 to +2 exposure values at one stop intervals, merged in Photoshop CS4, tonemapped in Photomatix and tweaked/converted in CS4 using the Nik Color Efex plugin, specifically, pro contrast, tonal contrast, bleach bypass and bw converter.

3 comments:

  1. Cool shot Evan, I think BW looks great here! Thanks, Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really works as a b&w shot. Great job, Evan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm really having fun the these black and whites. It makes everything look so different.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo