Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mangrove Trees

I just recently got back from a trip to Florida to visit my sister. While we were there, we took an airboat ride through an area of the everglades called "10,000 Islands". What we went through were mainly islands of mangrove trees which is what you see here. This was originally a color picture, but I couldn't really get the color right so I thought I'd give it a shot in black and white. It's a single raw converted to three tifs with -2, 0, and +2 EVs and tonemapped in Photomatix. Then I opened it in Photoshop CS4 and converted it to black and white using the Nik Color Efex plugin. I also did a couple of minor exposure tweaks.

One other bit of interesting trivia surrounding this area... Apparently the Seminole Indian tribes used to inhabit these parts. I can't imagine the rigors of primitive living in this environment, but I guess it can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo