Thursday, February 11, 2010

Father and the Capitol

Earlier this week I took my own little photowalk during my lunch hour. I'm trying to do that a little more lately just to get out of the office for a little while and try to get something new. Anyway, like my Rainy Tower shot, I went to the University of Texas campus again and found this statue of George Washington. He's facing the Texas capitol building as though he's making sure the government here does what it's supposed to. That may be debatable but I thought it looked kind of cool anyway.

This shot I converted to black and white using a trial version of Nik Silver Efex. I used the high contrast green filter. It really does a nice job of getting some great black and white effects from your photos. However, one thing that bothers me about this particular plugin is that it slowed CS4 to a crawl. I mean a craaaawwwlll. It was really annoying. It starts as soon as I open CS4. So, I may have to just set CS4 to not load the plugin at startup and see if that helps. If not, anyone out there have any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Not sure what to tell you about CS4, as I use PSE7. I'll load the Silver Efex demo and see what it does with my setup.

    Great composition here, Evan! Love this angle. Your b&w processing is really good on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks van. I uninstalled it and my system returned to normal and I have a pretty beefy system. So what I might do next is reinstall it and then change the settings so it doesn't load immediately when opening CS4. I hope that helps, but not real confident in that.

    Also, thanks for the compliments on this shot. It turned out pretty good although I think there's a little too much haloing around the trees, otherwise I like it.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Evan's Expo