Saturday, February 20, 2010

Austin, Texas Pre-Dusk Skyline

This shot is another pre-work adventure. I thought I'd stop at the parking garage at the University Medical Center Brackenridge and take a quick shot or two. There are some very nice views from up there. However, I learned quite quickly that one must inform security of his shooting endeavors or one might get a little talking to. That's what happened to me. As I was shooting, a rent-a-cop pulled up in his little pickup truck and asked what I was doing. I told him I was just taking cityscapes and he said, "Next time you need to tell security." OK. I don't think there will be a next time.

This is a 5 shot jpg bracket from -2 to +2 taken with my Nikon D90 and my Nikkor 18-105 kit lens. I merged it in Photoshop CS4, tonemapped it in Photomatix and tweaked it in Photoshop with the Nik Color Efex plugin using Pro Contrast, Tonal Contrast and Bleach Bypass.

Also, to setup for night time shots, I try to takes some test shots and play with the right ISOs until my longest exposure is just under 30 seconds.  I explain it all in my Night HDR post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Evan's Expo